Madison County Women, Land & Legacy started in June of 2016. Since then, we have endeavored to support and build the community of local women landowners by creating opportunities for learning and networking.
Madison County WLL’s partners include local women landowners, the USDA-Farm Service Agency, the USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service, the Madison County Soil & Water Conservation District, and ISU Extension & Outreach in Madison County.
Follow Madison County WLL on Facebook @MadisonCountyWLL
To be added to our email distribution list, send a request to Anna.Golightly@ia.nacdnet.net
- June 21, 2016: Listening Sessions
- June 26, 2017: Farm Tour at PepperHarrow
- September 27, 2017: Movie Night: “FarmHer the Documentary” at Covered Bridges Winery
- March 19, 2019: Movie Night: “Sweet Land”
- June 15, 2019: “Finding Your Farm” Workshop
- September 28, 2019: Barn Tour + Potluck
- January 23, 2020: Book Club #1: Little Heathens
- March 5, 2020: Book Club #2: Growing Up Country
- August 3, 2022: Reconnect with WLL — Fellowship, Trivia and Stories
More About Women, Land & Legacy
Women, Land & Legacy is an outreach project that started in Iowa in 2004 with the vision of “helping agricultural women come together to converse, listen and become empowered to act on their landscape and in their community.”
WLL involves government organizations and non-profit organizations that work with agricultural women in rural areas. The WLL local teams create a network of agricultural women who decide what programs, projects, and information they specifically need to assist them in farming and conservation decision making.
Listening to women to connect them with resources for making informed decisions for their land and communities.
Networks of confident women sharing knowledge to create a legacy of stewardship.
To learn more about WLL, visit: womenlandandlegacy.org